Our aim is help you fall pregnant, right? Ultimately, yes. But the journey is often about small victories along the way. Lots of patients who have tried IVF or who have had unprotected sex for 12 months with no luck will fall pregnant after using acupuncture and Chinese herbs. What effect is the acupuncture and herbs having? I have written several articles on here which help to explain various aspects of this ( here ) , but in brief, Chinese medicine can help to improve rates of pregnancy by:
- improve ovarian function to produce better quality eggs
- regulate hormones to produce more follicles
- increase blood flow to uterus and increase the thickness of the lining
- relax the patient and help prevent uterine contractions ( which my interfere with implantation )
- lessen side effects from the drugs used in IVF treatments
- improve semen quality and quantity
- decrease the chance of miscarriage.
Essentially, our fertility program uses a mixture of acupuncture and Chinese herbs to calm the mind, create free-flow of energy throughout the body, and nurture the pregnancy to term once conception has been achieved.
During this time we will attempt to address any underlying hormonal imbalances by addressing your state of Qi and blood, and help to regulate your menstrual cycle.
For various article on how Chinese Medicine and acupuncture is used in supporting your chances of falling pregnant, check out some of the various blog posts and articles I’ve written or call me to discuss any aspect of your current situation 3357 8642.
There are 4 phases to our Fertility Program: select the phase to see more information